>

Friday, July 2, 2021

German 5G Technology in my veins

Today, I am officially part of the 55.7% of the German population who has their first vaccination!! YAYY!!! Alhamdulillah!!

So, basically yesterday, the 1st of July, around 1pm, I was at Aimi and Iqa's room getting ready for our hangout in Munich later in the afternoon when suddenly all of our phones rang at the same time and it was an SMS! Sent by Impfzentrum Augsburg (Augsburg Vaccination Center) with some good news!! They notified us that we can now book an appointment for the first vaccination. We are all in Priority Group 4 (Picture 1 below), which is the last Priority Group, meaning we have no importance whatsoever, haha. We are not over 60 years old, no medical conditions, we don't work with kids or people, we are not medical staffs, police or fire brigade. People who match these descriptions belong in the 4th PG (including students like me!)

(Picture 1)
When we received the message, we were surprised and happy! But also panicked as we rushed to book an appointment with the Impfzentrum. The earliest appointment available was that very evening at 4pm but we already planned to go to Munich so we opted for the next day, 2nd of July. My appointment was at 11am, Aimi's at 10:30 and Iqa at 11:15. To my surprise, I was the only one who will receive Moderna and not Pfizer!! I was kindof disappointed, not because I don't trust the vaccine or anything, but because Pfizer is more popular! I want the one with the cool name! It was a childish thought, of course, because Moderna is just as functioning and reliable as Comirnaty BioNTech/Pfizer. I even thought of asking the doctors to change my vaccine, haha. (So glad I didn't)

So today, the moment we have all been waiting for, I woke up early, bathed, got ready and feeling refreshed and excited!! We went to the Impfzentrum by train and walked 16 minutes there (after getting lost for a while) and waited for our turn. I was lucky because I got to ride a cart to the main building instead of walking! 
After the vaccination, I just felt grateful that I am given the chance to be vaccinated. I know if I were in Malaysia right now, I probably would get a vaccine like next year, the earliest. I also made a video explaining more about the experince linked down below! 



Using vaccination as an excuse to eat my two pints of Ben&Jerrys.

That is all from me, see ya!!

8 Comment(s):

Fahmi said... [Reply to comment]

congratulation

Ayira said... [Reply to comment]

congratsss xD

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

yayy samalah kita pun dah vaksin jugak. right after vaksin esoknya terus dapat tarikh 2nd dose. kalau kat malaysia ni kalau yg still tak dapat tarikh vaksin since bulan 2 lagi, kena check mysejahtera dan pegi kat help desk. lepastu akan dpt mesej tarikh vaksin baru dan paling cepat kurang dari 24 jam. ramai yg tak aware pasal benda ni.

Ainatul Mardhiah said... [Reply to comment]

@Mazni Munawar

I see!! Thank you for info!! I will make sure my family gets them too!! Hehee <3

Kai said... [Reply to comment]

ahh so happy for you!! finally got the vaccine must be a relief :D

Anna said... [Reply to comment]

wahhh semoga baik baik saja di sanaaa :D

Ariena said... [Reply to comment]

It is my first time, reading your blog :)

Ahhh, luckynyaaaa. I kat sini masih tunggu line for the appointment.

Littlexme said... [Reply to comment]

yeay!! congrats on getting the vaccine!! hehe reading your post reminded mee of my brother who is also currently studying in german haha :D